Sunday, July 21, 2013

Friend of God in Service

The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.” (Lk 10:41-42)
Service and Friendship with the Lord completes a man of God. These are parts that makes up his entire being and he will never be complete if he lacks either one of them. Although they go hand in hand, the Lord Himself said that the better part is to be still and listen to Him. This is the "only one thing" we need. His love and friendship will bring you to serve Him with joy.
Lord, as your servant friend, I have chosen the better part and that is to relax, enjoy your presence, and learn from you. This has been your gift to me since you brought me out of the parish life you gave me. At that time, you told me that I am no longer your servant but your friend. Now, you have again reveal your will for me and that is to step up to another level and that is to be your "servant friend". It is always you who makes up for who I am and what I will be and I just wanted to be with you at all times. May our love relationship grow each day so that I may be strong to resist any form of temptation that will lead me to sin. Bring me much closer to you so that in all things that I do, you will always be praised and glorified. With much love and thanksgiving I pray in Jesus Name. Amen.

Servant

These many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command; yet you never gave me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends (Luke 15:29). And he said to him,

"Son, you are always with me, 
and all that is mine is yours. 
It was fitting to make merry and be glad, 
for this your brother was dead,
and is alive; 
he was lost, and is found."
Luke 15:31-32

Alas, my dear brethren, the man who lives according to the direction of his passions and abandons the service of God is both unhappy and capable of so little! Put an army of one hundred thousand men around a dead man and let them employ all their power to bring him back to life. No, no, my dear children, he will not come to life again. But let someone who is despised by the world, but who enjoys the friendship of God, command this dead man to take up life again; immediately you will see him arise and walk. We have other proofs of this too. If it were necessary to be wealthy or to be very learned to serve God, a great many people would be unable to do it. But, no, my dear children, extensive learning or great wealth are not at all necessary for the service of God. On the contrary, they are often a very big obstacle to it. Yes, my dear brethren, let us be rich or poor, in whatever state we may be, learned or otherwise, we can please God and save our souls. -- St. John Vianney

God does not retain his anger for ever because he delights in steadfast love (Micah 7:18). He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger for ever (Psalm 103:9). He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor requite us according to our iniquities (Psalm 103:10).

He will again have compassion upon us, he will tread our iniquities under foot. He will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. He will show faithfulness and steadfast love, as He had sworn to our fathers from the days of old (Micah 7:19-20).

For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us (Psalm 103:11-12).

I will show them marvelous things. -- Micah 7:15

Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name! -- Psalm 103:1

Who is a God like thee, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? -- Micah 7:18

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy. -- Psalm 103:2-4

Shepherd thy people with thy staff, the flock of thy inheritance, who dwell alone in a forest in the midst of a garden land -- Micah 7:14



Published: March 26, 2011 - 6:49AM

SERVE WITHOUT FEAR

SERVE WITHOUT FEAR Grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve him without fear, in holiness and righteo...