Monday, September 19, 2011

MORE WILL BE GIVEN

"Take heed then how you hear; for to him who has will more be given, 
and from him who has not, even what he thinks that he has will be taken away."
Luke 8:18

The Infinite Mass causes the whole heavenly court to rejoice. It alleviates the pain of the souls in purgatory. It draws down all types of blessings upon earth, and gives more glory to God than all the sufferings of all the martyrs together, more glory than the penances of all the saints, than all the tears shed by them since the beginning of the world and all that they may do till the end of time. -- St. John Vianney

Reflection:

It was the first time that I heard Mass with the new Parish Priest Msgr. Boy Villaruz as the Priest Presider. I have personally witnessed the changes that I have been hearing about. He is now using a new sound system and his homily is aided by a powerpoint presentation. The type of his homily is more like a gospel teaching and reflection.

I do admit that up until now, I am less attracted in hearing Mass as compared to attending a community praise and worship. There are times when I still feel that as a Catholic, hearing Mass is just a holy obligation. I still need to fully understand its importance and the Lord was quick to correct my frame of mind and heart.

Hearing Mass is a form of sevice to the Lord born out of love for God. It is the highest form of praise and worship, understanding the gospel truth, and culminating in receiving the Lord's body in the Eucharist. No other service is greater than this.

Tonight, I will again be hearing Mass and will read the prayer of the faithful for the first novena in honor of St. Lorenzo Ruiz. I was also invited to attend the Liturgy Fellowship of the Feast since we will already start to have Mass by October.

I could sense the Lord's purpose on why He brought out this topic today. Unless I fully learn and understood the meaning and essence of the Mass, I can never experience the joy of serving Him. In everything I say and do for Him, He expects no less than excellence from me.

Prayer

Father in heaven, unworthy as I am, you never cease to enhance the gift of wisdom that you have given me. Thank you so much for revealing to me the right path that I must take in life that would give you greater honor and praise. Your love and generosity has brought me to where I am today, and none that I do could ever compensate for all the good works that you have done for me except my love for you. In honor and thanksgiving I offer you myself. Use me in this service that gives you the greatest glory. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

SERVE WITHOUT FEAR

SERVE WITHOUT FEAR Grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies, might serve him without fear, in holiness and righteo...